As the year gets ready to close its doors on another successful season, we implore you to take a moment to set forth a cavity prevention plan for the holidays to keep your smile safe. This doesn’t mean eliminate every potential risk and hazard that can come your way that can damage your smile, but it does mean to exercise caution with whatever choices you do choose. Be sure to eat safe, avoid excessive consumption of sugar, and eliminate acidic foods and drinks that can easily lead to dental erosion.
Here a few tips to remember when protecting your smile against the dangers of cavities:
– Always be sure to brush your teeth twice a day with toothpaste that focuses on cavity prevention.
– Clean between your teeth daily with an acceptable floss or interdental cleaner such as a water flosser.
– Always make sure you’re eating a healthy diet that is filled with clean foods and low in sugar.
– Visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings, oral examinations, and routine check-ups to determine if any damage or plaque buildup is present.
– Always use an acceptable mouthwash product that is effective at neutralizing harmful acids and good for rinsing away bacteria and plaque.
– Try using chewing gum after meals, as it has been shown to produce enough saliva to help promote cavity prevention.
– Stay away from overly sticky or chewy foods that can linger in your mouth long after consumption. Any food left over on your teeth and gums can drastically increase the rate at which tooth decay and cavities can occur.
Come in and see for yourself the beauty of a cavity-free smile from the office of Szmanda Dental Wittenberg. To book an appointment with one of our skilled dentists, Dr. John Felkner and Dr. Oliver Keefer at our office in Wittenberg, Wisconsin, call 715-253-3200 and a member of our team will gladly assist you.